Council’s bold plan to put the Maranoa on the world stage
MARANOA Regional Council is planning on receiving more services from Toowoomba and Surat Basin Enterprise (TSBE) such as strategic and marketing support.
These additional services are expected to total up to $70,000 and will include telecommunications work, supply chain audits and increased media and marketing support.
The matter was brought to the table in the council’s ordinary meeting on October 14.
Other proposed activities TSBE is hoping to bring to the Maranoa includes:
- TSBE Enterprise Evening, with Maranoa Regional Council to be given a speaking opportunity
- Taste of the West, promoting the food industry in the Maranoa
- National and international speeches
- Exposure across channels such as social media, publications, and trade shows
- Regular meetings and communications
These services are priced at $20,000 investment, plus GST.
Cr Cameron O’Neil moved the matter before the council be postponed so that the Manager of Economic Development could be present and there could be a conversation about the proposals.
The council voted unanimously to defer the matter to the next ordinary meeting on October 28.