A young family of seven have lost everything in a horrific blaze that gutted their Charleville home. Pic: Contributed
A young family of seven have lost everything in a horrific blaze that gutted their Charleville home. Pic: Contributed

Firefighters conclude devastating Charleville fire investigation

Fire investigators have finished their assessment of a major house fire on Edward St in Charleville, and have come back with a possible cause.

The inferno that gutted the address after 10.22pm on January 20, is believed to be caused by a probable electrical fault, a Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said.

QFES told the Western Times that the spark could have originated in the ceiling, although there was not 100 per cent certainty about the conclusions.

The spokesperson said hot spots on the roof flared up again the next day at 7.15am, but QFES were able to dampen them.

The tragic blaze left 27-year-old mum Kyrstie Lea Payne and her six children without a home, but thankfully they all escaped without injury.

READ MORE: Charleville mum of six’s heartbreak

One of the kids, aged seven, was playing video games at the time but woke his family up after spotting the early signs of the fire.

The Department of Housing has given the large family a place to stay while they find a new residence.

Charleville Western Times

Race to track travellers linked to ‘superspreader’

Premium Content Race to track travellers linked to ‘superspreader’

Explained: Race to track travellers linked to ‘superspreader’

Tools reportedly stolen from Roma club shed

Premium Content Tools reportedly stolen from Roma club shed

Alleged thieves have struck at a Roma community organisation and have been reported...

Teenager avoids court over two attempted Roma break-ins

Premium Content Teenager avoids court over two attempted Roma break-ins

A youth has been cautioned after reports of attempted breakins in Roma, and has...