A WOMAN in her 60s was seriously injured last night when a gas bottle explosion caused her Beerburrum home to go up in flames.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said four crews were called to the Twin Ceders retirement community on Steve Irwin Way just before 6pm and found the home fully engulfed in flames.

The home went up in flames after a gas bottle reportedly exploded inside. Photo: Noel Col/Facebook
The home went up in flames after a gas bottle reportedly exploded inside. Photo: Noel Col/Facebook

According to paramedics, the woman suffered severe facial burns in the explosion.

The RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter was called to the scene and landed outside the property while the woman was treated for the "significant" injuries.

She was then flown to the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital in a serious but stable condition.

Two men were also taken to Sunshine Coast University Hospital in stable conditions with smoke inhalation.

A police spokeswoman said the fire was not being treated as suspicious.


Prime Minister ScoMo touches down in southwest Queensland

Premium Content Prime Minister ScoMo touches down in southwest Queensland

Drought recovery is the focus for Prime Minister Scott Morrison who landed in...

Roma-based LifeFlight attended over 60 critical missions

Premium Content Roma-based LifeFlight attended over 60 critical missions

Latest statistics reveal LifeFlight’s Toowoomba and Roma-based Surat Gas...

New case details boost hopes for mask-free Friday

Premium Content New case details boost hopes for mask-free Friday

Queensland is on track to be mask-free from Friday