See how Twitter lit up after Leicester's EPL win
Yesterday morning Leicester were crowned English Premier League Champions.
If you felt like the news was breaking the internet, you were just about right.
Some incredible stats coming out of Twitter overnight show that this fairy tale not only captured the English football fans but literally the entire world.
What happened on Twitter:
1) There were 5.5 million Tweets sent in the hours after Chelsea and Tottenham played out a 2-2 draw. This heat map visualises how the world reacted to the climax of the Leicester story. This transcended UK football, the conversation was truly global.
2) Leicester winning the league triggered an 86% percent increase in normal Twitter activity in the UK.
3) There were as many Tweets mentioning the word 'Party' last night as there were at New Year 2016. Jamie Vardy was literally having a party.
4) Leicester's victory Tweet became one of the most Retweeted sporting Tweets in Twitter history - https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/727240110920577024
5) We've put together a special tribute visualisation of Leicester's victory Tweet, made out of congratulatory Tweets from fans around the world - https://interactive.twitter.com/canvas/#?p=leicester