Severe storm warning: Blackall and Tambo
A severe thunderstorm warning has been re-issued for the central west forecast district, with Blackall and Tambo in the firing line.
The new warning was issued at 4.28pm, for damaging winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Barcaldine, Tambo, Jericho, Aramac, Muttaburra, Blackall and Alpha.
Blackall recorded 40mm of rainfall in half an hour around 11am today, and since 9am, has been drenched with 37.6mm of rain. So far today, Tambo has received 15mm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and power lines.
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
It comes after a severe storm warning was issued in the early hours of this morning, but then rescinded by the Bureau. The next warning is due to be issued by 7:30 pm.