Two dead from heater fumes in Sydney cabin

TWO people have been killed from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in Kurrajong in Sydney's north-west.

Police said the deaths happened early on Monday morning in a makeshift cabin on Browns Road in Kurrajong, near the Blue Mountains.

The area is semi-rural, with several holiday homes in the region.

The Rural Fire Service said it was believed the couple had the heater in the cabin when they were overcome by the fumes.

Police are investigating.

Read more at ABC News

 

 


Western Downs man busted high on drugs at 136km/h on Warrego

Premium Content Western Downs man busted high on drugs at 136km/h on Warrego

Police patrolling the Warrego Highway busted a Western Downs man allegedly speeding...

Roma on the cusp of significant music festival this weekend

Premium Content Roma on the cusp of significant music festival this weekend

It is only a matter of days until one of the most significant music festivals west...

NAMED: Serial Roma burglar in court for trespassing, given fine

Premium Content NAMED: Serial Roma burglar in court for trespassing, given...

With an extensive criminal history and spending time in jail, a Roma father was...