TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Western Times – Ticket Giveaway for the Roma Cup 2016
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Australian residents who reside in the Western Times distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and above to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants should be available to attend the event on November 19, 2016.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, then these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- The Promoter is Western Star Pty Ltd, 120 McDowall Street, Roma Qld 4455. ABN 97 009 798 841.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form published in the Western Times newspaper on November 10, 2016.
- Entry forms must be original.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The contestant must place their fully completed entry form into an envelope marked Western Times – Ticket Giveaway for the Roma Cup 2016; then
- Send or deliver to: 62 Alfred Street, Charleville Qld 4470.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 16).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, but can win only one (1) prize.
- Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with delivering entries via office delivery or by post.
- There will be six (6) winners chosen via a random draw. The winners will each receive:
- One (1) Single General Admission ticket (1 person) to the 2016 Roma Cup.
- Tickets are for use on Saturday November 19, 2016 only and cannot be used for entry to any other race meet.
- Chosen winners who cannot attend the event should notify the Western Times in writing (email/text message) outlining their inability to attend and granting the Western Times permission to redraw from subsequent entry forms received.
- Prizes that remain uncollected at 3:00pm November 18, 2016 will expire.
- Each ticket retails for $35.00 each (inclusive of GST).
- Total maximum retail value of the prize pool in this competition is $210.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Friday October 28, 2016 and closes at 5:00pm Monday November 14, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received after the Promotion Period will be deemed as invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected via a random draw at the Western Times office, 62 Alfred Street, Charleville Qld 4470 at 9:00am Tuesday November 15, 2016.
- The prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification. The winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s details will be published in the Western Times on Thursday November 17, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from the Western Times office. Government issued ID is required to confirm identity and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
28. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
29. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
30. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
31. Subject to complying with all relevant state and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition.
32. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or infect the administration, security fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given by State Regulation.
33. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
35. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.